On my Dad’s side of the family there’s quite a bit of Irish blood, and nothing brings out the Irish in a person like the idea of a St. Patrick’s Day celebration – and we’re no exception. In fact, I’ll be spending the day enjoying delicious Irish-American cuisine courtesy of my Grandmother – but before I lose myself in a land of corned beef and brown bread, I’m going to leave you with a collection of my favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes and crafts!
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Crunchy Walnuts
- Irish Colcannon Soup – If you’re looking for authentic Irish flavor, look no further than this fun twist on a traditional dish.
- Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Snacks for Kids – Some of these look so good, you’ll have to make extra for the adults too. Lots of great finger food and snack suggestions that won’t leave you feeling guilty!
- St. Patrick’s Day Green Pancakes – This is a fun breakfast twist to fuel you up for the day ahead!
- Guinness Beef Stew – one of my personal favorities.
- Parisian Sweet Pea Soup – If you want to try something new, go for this bright green soup! The color keeps with the St. Patricks Day theme, while adding a little (super healthy) variety to you corned beef & cabbage meal!
- Homemade Sauerkraut – This recipe includes instructions for canning as well, so you can enjoy this all year long!
And we can’t forget dessert!
- Shamrock Pretzel Pops – These fun pops are delicious (who doesn’t love the salty-sweet combo of chocolate covered pretzels?), fun and easy enough to make with the kids!
- Shamrock Cupcakes and Toppers – A fun rainbow cupcake topped – these would be a bake sale hit too!
- Brown Butter Lucky Charms Cereal Bars – Seriously, I’ll eat Lucky Charms in any form – but most especially when they’re made into delicious, gooey cereal bars!
- Chocolate Mint Trifle – This is a quick and easy dessert that will definitely please a crowd!
- Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream – Just a few ingredients will make you the star of any St. Patrick’s Day celebration!
- Adults Only Shamrock Float – Lime sherbet, Sprite and Vodka make a tasty green adults only drink!
- Healthy Shamrock Float – Frozen Yogurt gives this classic dessert drink a healthy twist!
- Healthy Mint Breakfast Shake – Gearing up for a night out? Squeeze in some veggies for breakfast!
St. Patrick’s Day Gifts
- Rainbow Candy Jar – This fun candy filled jar is easy to make, and includes a free printable tag!
- Pot of Gold Printable Tags – Use these tags to make inexpensive and easy gifts for your child’s friends or classmates!
St. Patrick’s Day Learning Fun
- St. Patrick’s Day Lesson Plans and Printables from FunSchool
- St. Patrick’s Day Printing Practice (free printable)
How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Head down to the comments and tell me what your favorite traditions are!