With spring break in the not so distant future and the promise of summer fun not far off I’m always on the hunt for fun, educational and EASY activities for the kids. I say easy because I’ll be honest – if I have to trek to the end of the Earth to find the right supplies, remodel my kitchen to hide the damage or clean glitter off of the floor – I’m probably not going to try an experiment, no matter how many times I pin it. So I’ve collected a few really fun, really educational and really simple STEM projects that everyone can enjoy (even the person in charge of cleaning up afterwards!). Once you see how fun and rewarding a kitchen or backyard science lesson is – you’ll be hooked! Check out some of our favorite STEM projects for spring:
1. Make Playdough with Peeps! This is a great activity for toddlers!
3. Grow Cress is an Eggshell for a fun, educational and tasty experiment!
4. Make a Spring Rain Cloud out of shaving Cream.
5. Grow Seeds In A Jar for a bird’s eye view of the process, and document it in a printable seed journal from Teaching Mama.
6. Use leftover Easter eggs in this Easter Egg Rocket project!
7. Brighten a rainy day by making a Rainbow In A Jar.
8. Make some Simple Machines with this easy DIY from the Kitchen Counter Chronicles.
9. Spend an afternoon engineering these fun and simple Gumdrop Bridges.
10. As the weather warms up head outside to make this DIY Garden Sundial.
11. These Surprise Eggs Eruptions are a great way to re-purpose empty Easter eggs!
12. Whip up a tasty treat by making Ice Cream In A Bag!
13. Make it Rain In A Jar – bonus: you probably have everything you need in your kitchen right now!
14. This Homemade Kaleidoscope is fun to make and use!
15. Popsicle Catapults are an easy project that will introduce kids to engineering concepts.
What’s first on your list? Show me your finished projects in the comments!!