As the holidays approach you can’t go wrong with a cookie recipe that’s as delicious and easy as these Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies. They’re packed with pumpkin spice flavor, because they’re made with Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix, and filled with an Old Fashioned Whoopie Pie Cream that’s light and delicious. I love how quickly these cookies come together and I make them often when I need a last minute dessert to impress!
Krusteaz baking mixes have been my go-to for years. I can count on them to taste like homemade. I always keep a few boxes in the pantry, and these Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies are always a hit. I love that they feel just a tiny bit more sophisticated than serving a plate of cookies, but are still familiar and loved by kids and adults alike. When I serve them guests usually exclaim that they have’t had home whoopie pies in ages. So, let’s bring back the whoopie pie – it’s too delicious to let this dessert fade from our holiday tables!
Everyone asks for the recipe, and no one can believe they’re not made from scratch, or how easy it is to make them! Check out the recipe and get ready to have a new favorite holiday cookie!
- 1 Box of Krusteaz Bakery-Style Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 6 Tablespoons Shortening
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Bake Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookies according to package directions. While the cookies are baking, begin making the filling.
- In a small saucepan mix the flour and salt. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick.
- Remove the milk mixture from the heat, cover and cool completely in the refirgerator.
- In a large bowl cream together confectioner’s sugar, shortening, butter and vanilla extract. Add the chilled milk mixture and beat until fluffy, about 8 minutes.
- Place one cookie flat side up, spread on the filling and top with another cookie.
- Keep cookies refrigerated until serving.
Just like that you’ll have homemade Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies that everyone will love. The perfect snack for sitting around the fireplace or decorating the house for the holidays!
Check out other seasonal mixes from Krusteaz online! Their Coffeehouse Style Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix is one of our breakfast favorites!