Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TimeWithAveeno #CollectiveBias
Recently a good friend of mine welcomed a third child into her family. We showered her with the usual excited friend gifts – adorable onesies and stuffed elephants and the sweetest little pair of sunglasses you’ve ever seen. In the midst of my new baby shopping I realized I really wanted to give my friend something that was all for her. Having done this new mom thing a few times myself, I know how easy it is to forget about yourself in the midst of a new addition to the family.
After my youngest was born the best thing my husband did for me was arrange to go into work later a few mornings a week so that he could drop the kids at school. Not having the pressure of getting dressed and dragging everyone out of the house in the early morning was the best feeling ever.
I was able to use that extra hour at home in the morning to shower and steal a few moments just for myself. When you’re spending all day taking care of the needs of someone else, a few minutes behind a locked bathroom door with AVEENO® products from Walmart can go a long way to making you feel relaxed, refreshed and ready to tackle another day!
I wanted to give that same feeling to my friend, and she was so thrilled with her gift that I think this will become my go to gift for new mamas in my life! Putting this basket together was simple, a quick trip through Walmart was all I needed to round up my favorite “take care of me” products!
For the perfect spa basket you’ll need:
- A relaxing candle – this mom has smelled enough newborn diapers and hospital food to last a long while. Pick a relaxing scented candle that she can light as she steals a few stress free moments in the shower.
- A super soft bath towel and washcloth – Let’s be honest, this mom is probably way behind on laundry. Pick up a nice plush bath towel and washcloth so that she doesn’t have to worry about finding a clean towel for her at home spa experience.
- AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL® Shampoo & Conditioner – Changing hormones wreak havoc on a new mom’s hair. I started using AVEENO Pure Renewal® Shampoo and Conditioner after my son was born because it’s gentle and sulfate-free, helping to rebalance hair’s moisture for healthy, shiny, soft hair. Both products are dye free and made for sensitive skin and scalps. I recommend it to other new moms now because I love how the AVEENO PURE RENEWAL® Shampoo contains a naturally derived non-penetrating cleanser for a gentle wash and the AVEENO PURE RENEWAL® Conditioner is so lightweight it softens my hair without weighing it down. It’s perfect for restoring luster and shine to hair that needs a little extra TLC! In the weeks after my son was born I was amazed at how good I felt after doing something as simple as washing and conditioning my hair. When you’re up 20 hours a day feeding, cleaning and caring for a newborn having clean, soft, manageable hair definitely feels like a luxury!
- AVEENO® POSITIVELY SMOOTH® Shave Gel – I included this in my basket because it’s specially formulated to help you shave less often and prevent irritation, so your skin stays soften and smoother for longer, and getting the most out of each shave is so important when you’re crunched for time as a new mom. The combination of natural soy extract, oat, aloe, vitamins E and skin conditioners actually minimizes the reappearance of unwanted hair the longer you use it, so you can shave less often and still have healthy, soft skin. And smooth skin goes a long way to making you feel great and refreshed.
- Moisturizer – Dry, itchy skin is no joke. A great, gentle moisturizer is the perfect way to soothe uncomfortable skin.
- Facial cleansing wipes – after a rejuvenating shower a new mom might feel a little more like her old self again, and maybe she’ll even find a few minutes to throw on some makeup. It always seems like a good idea until you’re falling asleep on the couch at midnight and you know there’s no way you’re going to actually wash your face at this point. I keep a package beside my bed for quickly removing makeup and cleaning my face before passing out.
- Favorite chocolates or other indulgent treat – chances are she’ll be slipping right back into mom duty the second that bathroom door opens, so stash a box of her favorite chocolates or another special treat in there for an energy boost!
- A Gift Card for Dinner – this is one of my favorite new mom gifts, and definitely the most appreciated. Most of us really struggle with managing time when something as schedule changing as a new baby arrives! Stick a gift card to a local restaurant in this basket (make sure they deliver!). The new mom can shower and relax in peace without stressing about making, or cleaning up after dinner!
If you’re ready to build your basket, grab this Coupon for $2 Off any two AVEENO® products and find a nice basket to fit everything in, then attach a bow and this cute printable tag and you’re ready to give a friend the relaxing experience they need! To print the gift tag click on the image below and save it to your computer!
Do you have a new mom story to share? Let me know in the comments what helped you feel refreshed and renewed as a new mom!