This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #SnackHonestly #CollectiveBias
Fall is my favorite time of year for so many reasons – especially the ones that get our entire family outdoors. New York is stunning in the fall, and as soon as the temperatures start to cool we pull out our fall bucket list, full of all the fall fun activities we want to do this year.
This time is a great opportunity to get the whole family outdoors before the cold weather sets in, giving us a chance to stretch our legs and find adventure after a long week. Cooler days are also a perfect excuse for cuddling up on the couch and queuing up your favorite movies.
We’ve already done some hiking and apple picking, and we’ve planned plenty of family movie nights.
With just a little planning you can give your family fall adventure they won’t forget. All you need is a fun filled bucket list (grab our printable one below!), plus these amazing tips and tricks for an awesome fall adventure sponsored by Honest Tea® and Lorissa’s Kitchen. Every parent knows the secret to a good day of adventure, whether it’s at the park or in your living room, is avoiding hunger. Lorissa’s Kitchen Premium Protein Snacks paired with refreshing Honest Tea is our go to when we need no-fuss, easy and better for you snacks that the whole family loves.
Lorissa’s Kitchen fits perfectly into our lifestyle, providing the responsible options we look for in our food, like grass-fed beef and responsibly raised pork that’s free of growth hormones, nitrites and preservatives while offering a delicious range of flavors so that everyone in our family can have a favorite. Paired with a bottle of unsweetened Honest Tea, it’s a busy parent’s dream snack – one that’s packed with protein to fuel a day of fun while still meeting the same high standards we have in our own kitchen.
Stocking my pantry with Lorissa’s Kitchen Premium Protein Snacks and Honest Tea means we can get up and go without any fuss, great for seizing the day! And now you can earn $1.00 cash back when you try a combo of Lorissa’s Kitchen Premium Protein Snacks and Honest Tea at Walmart!
This is a great time to mix and match flavors to find your favorite combo (Mine is Szechuan Peppercorn and Honey Green Tea)!
Once you’ve got snacks squared away, check out these other tips for perfect fall adventuring:
- Don’t forget the sunscreen – It’s easy to skip this step when the sun isn’t beating down on you, but sunburn can sneak up on you after a day outdoors, even in the cooler weather.
- Dress Appropriately – If you might be trekking off the beaten path choose long pants and sturdy shoes to prevent accidents or injury.
- Bring Bug Spray – If you’ll be walking in areas prone to ticks, or out in the late afternoon when mosquitoes are most active, you’ll be glad to have the protection from bites.
- Load up on snacks & beverages. Avoid hungry, thirsty, cranky family members by keeping them fueled up on the go with better for you snacks that are packed with protein like Lorissa’s Kitchen Beef Jerky and Honest Tea.
- Take it slow – Don’t rush the day, just focus on having a good time!
- Use this Fall Foliage Map to map out the perfect timing for scenic fall drive or road trip!
- Download this printable Fall Bucket List for inspiration!
I have to share some photos from our last hiking trip. It’s about six miles to the best vantage point here, but comfy clothes and plenty of snacks kept us going until the very end. We were rewarded with mid-afternoon mountain views and a bird’s-eye look at the Hudson River.
What are your favorite fall activities?