Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyVTechNursery #CollectiveBias
As my youngest son nears his first birthday it’s finally time for us to start thinking seriously about moving him to his own room. We began working on the nursery a couple of weeks ago, designing the various aspects of the room including everything from the colors we were going to use to the nursery wall decals we would put up. As we got closer to finishing I began feeling anxious about the move – after all, he’s been sleeping in my room for his entire life. Would I hear him if he cried? Would I wake up if needed me? Would it be harder to check on him? Would the new room be scary for him? What if something happened to him and I couldn’t hear? These sorts of anxieties are so difficult to deal with. I know a lot of people decide to CBD olie kopen and use that as a tool for managing anxiety, but I wasn’t sure if that was for me. I can’t argue with the evidence supporting it’s effectiveness, but I felt I needed to try something else which would help me to check on my son in his new room. I had to find some peace of mind before making this move. I know I’m not alone in feeling anxious or worried about this, which is why I was so excited to have the opportunity to work with VTech and discover ways to make a nursery worry-free for parents and baby! Read on to discover what we learned about creating the perfectly peaceful nursery!
- Design with Comfort & Safety in Mind. Think about how you will use the room. A safe sleep space for baby is a must, so skip any blankets or stuffed animals in the crib. Opt instead for a soft rug and toss a throw blanket over a comfy chair to add warmth to the room. If you’ll be anticipating some late night feeding sessions make sure you have an area that includes a comfortable chair and soft lighting.
- Choose The Right Baby Monitor. Picking a baby monitor that fits your lifestyle can feel daunting, but VTech has some amazing features at an unbelievably affordable price that make it easy to find the perfect monitor – for us it was the VTech VM5251 5″ Digital Video Baby Monitor with Full-Color and Automatic Night Vision because it was packed with features we knew would give us peace of mind as our baby slept (or played) in his nursery. We were able to check out the VTech VM5251 at Target.com and it fit the bill perfectly. Not only does it allow me to clearly see my son anytime, day or night, it is also packed with other features that are kind of unbelievable at such a great price. After using it for a few weeks I am so happy with the way this monitor fits our needs. Some of our favorite features have been:
- A large 2.5″ high resolution full color screen with automatic infrared night vision so that I can always see exactly what my little guy is up to.
- A built in two way intercom so that I can talk to my son, reassuring him or soothing him back to sleep without having to leave my own room.
- 1,000 foot range so that I can move around the house without worrying about losing the signal.
- A portable parent unit allows me to unplug and take it with me just about anywhere. The battery lasts for hours, which is great for days when I’m out in the garden or sitting on the front porch during nap time.
- The unit has a 9 level volume control and a noise activated screen, which means I can shut the screen off when I’m sleeping at night and it will automatically come back on if my son makes noise, so I can catch some ZZZs while still being able to see all the important things.
- Soothing lullabies and sounds play directly from the unit, perfect for helping my son fall alseep, I really enjoy being able to play them straight from the monitor when I need them!
- This monitor can be wall mounted, giving me more options for installation – and it looks sleek and stylish, so it fits in perfectly with our nursery and the rest of our home.
- The room temperature monitor tracks the temperature in our nursery in real time, and with an audible alarm I always know if the nursery has gotten too hot or too cold.
- The VTech VM5251 can connect to multiple cameras (up to four!), which means adding another monitor in the playroom is no problem at all – and I can see them both on one screen! I love that the monitor will grow will my son, becoming more versatile as he becomes more independent.
- Add a fan. An overhead or desk fan is a great way to keep the room cool and circulate air for a relaxing bedtime.
- Grab A Stack of Board Books. Settle in to a new nighttime routine with a story before bed. It’s a great habit to build, and it’s relaxing and fun. Choose a few of your favaorite boards books to stash in the nursery for nighttime reading.
- Add A Nightlight or Projector. Perfect for nighttime feedings or just for adding a little light at bedtime, set up a small projector light or nightlight. You’ll be able to see your way around the room better, and provide a soft, comforting light for baby.
- Consider adding a small lamp near the changing table. You’ll avoid having to turn on an overhead light, even for the messiest diapers.
- Choose an eye-catching mobile that will give baby something to look at as they drift off to sleep.
Before you know it you’ll have the perfect nursery for you and baby. A little peace of mind goes a long way to getting a restful night’s sleep, and with amazing baby tech, like VTech’s line of audio and video infant monitors, getting that peace of mind can be so easy! Let me know which VTech Infant Monitor has the features your family needs in the comments below!